Have you heard of HDBaseT?
Through the HDBaseT Alliance www.hdbaset.org companies are merging video and ethernet technologies. Offering a POE (Power over Ethernet) solution to you in a single CAT5e/6 cable.
HDBaseT is a connectivity standard for whole-home and commercial distribution of uncompressed HD multimedia content. The cornerstone of HDBaseT technology is 5Play™, a feature set that converges uncompressed full HD digital video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable and various control signals through a single LAN cable.
The HDBaseT 5Play™ feature set enables delivering the following over a single 100m / 328ft CAT5e / 6 cable:
- Video full HD / 3D and 2K / 4K uncompressed video
- Audio supports all standard formats, including Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS HD-Master Audio
- Ethernet 100Mb Ethernet, enabling communication between televisions, sound systems, computers, and other CE devices
- Control enables multiple control signals for multiple purposes: Consumer Electronic Controls
- Power Up to 100W of DC power can also be delivered over the same CAT5e/6 cable
Now all of this sound great but how can it save you money. Consider this, if you are installing 4 displays in your quick serve restaurant as menu boards typically you would need a permit from the county and have an electrician plum conduit to power all of the displays.
Working with companies in California such as One Button Inc, we can reduce installation costs as much as 70%. Utilizing only cable drops to power the displays reduces the costs for additional electrical, county and state permit requirements and labor.
Although HDBaseT uses the same coding technology as Ethernet and even has an Ethernet channel, it is not Ethernet or packet based. HDBaseT simply relies on the same physical cabling which provides the inherent benefits of the cost-effective CAT infrastructure.
For additional information contact [email protected] or see www.hdbaset.org for more technical information on this new technology.